Sep
20
2009

  Continuing Work On William's Shoes

I made a fourth version of the shoe pattern this morning. I was pretty well satisfied with the look of the shoe in fleece, so it was time to try it in a non-stretch fabric. Red brocade was on the top of the scrap pile, so that's what I used.

It was more difficult to get his feet in the red shoe, although once they were in, he wasn't able to pull them off. With the white laces they look a little like boxing shoes. Anyway, I'll make a fifth iteration of the pattern-- increasing again the size of the toe box. I also might decrease the size of the part with the laces, I want more of the tongue and laces to show through as a design feature since I'll probably use a contrasting color for the final shoe.