Feb
03
2010

  Reupholstering the Chair - Part 1

I finally started to fix the rocking chair from the bedroom. There was nothing particularly wrong with the upholstery other than it doesn't match the room. But the springs were falling out the bottom.

Surprisingly, it wasn't uncomfortable in this condition so much as difficult to get up out of.

I had to remove the upholstery fabric in order to get to the springs so I could repair them. Once I saw the original fabric I realized my floral print isn't as old-fashioned as I thought. . .

I saved the original padding and will reuse it. I think it's cotton over horsehair.

I'm also reusing most of the tacks.