Still Recovering From Napless Day

Yesterday W and I had a terrible nap miscalculation. We ate a late breakfast, so I didn't take him on his morning walk until around 10am (we're usually out around 9am). W fell asleep by the time we got to the end of our street, so I thought I'd take advantage and go on a long (3 mile) walk while he slept. The weather was beautiful, and the walk was nice, but I paid for it later.

See, I figured that W would take another nap later in the afternoon. That didn't happen. Therefore *I* didn't get a nap later in the afternoon, although I tried.

First I put him in bed with me, like usual, to see if my nap vibes would transfer over to him and make him fall asleep. He actually lay still and rested for a while (at least 30 minutes), but never fell asleep, so I never really fell asleep, either. Then he got squirmy, so I told him he could play in his nursery while mama napped. That worked for all of five minutes before he opened the door and started getting into things in other rooms.

I gave him a lecture about how he'd have to stay in the bed with me again if he couldn't keep the door closed and stay in the room like I asked, and this time he played for maybe 15 or 20 minutes. I did doze off a bit at this point, but was awakened by the sound of him going out the door again. This time I picked him up and put him back in the bed, since I was very exhausted by this time. He wouldn't settle down, so I gave up, and resigned myself to feeling lousy the rest of the afternoon.

We went to the lounge and I put on Oprah. It was the gift episode, and since this was her last season she was pulling out all the stops. W was fascinated by all the people jumping up and down and screaming and fainting, and all the giant presents, and she had the Black Eyed Peas singing in a snow globe at the end, it was all quite a spectacle. Then we watched Sesame Street. Then *finally*, well after 5pm, Terry came home from "lunch" with his friends. He made me a latte, which perked me up a little bit.

I did take a 2-hour nap with W today, but I still feel draggy. I think it is leftover tiredness from yesterday. I will go to bed early tonight, and hopefully feel better tomorrow.