Jul
17
2009

  One Shade Finished

I finally finished a shade for the upstairs lounge!

It's actually not 100% finished, I need to sew a little bit on the sides to hold the bottom stick in its channel. But it's installed and functional!

It doesn't block out ALL the light, but pretty darn close. I may add drapes to block out the little bit of light that gets through the sides. But I might not, I'll see how it is once I've got both windows finished with the shades.

Finally, I have an option in this room, it doesn't have to be completely bright or completely dark! I can roll the shade at will! Progress!

I would like to finish the other shade this weekend, or at least sometime within the next five days. Then I can smooth out the blackout fabric onto its frame to use as a projector screen. THEN I can host a movie night!